Thursday, October 8, 2009

riding vs. maternity pants

dear friends.

I have to apologize, because a few years ago, when I was pregnant with Matilda, I wore some maternity pants fashioned like these almost every day to work.


I had them in TWO colors, no less. Khaki AND dark brown cords.

Apparently, I was blissfully unaware of the statement I was making, until this morning when I dawned them on again. When I looked in the full-length mirror, I couldn't help but exclaim, "Sonooooora, and her brave horse Lightning!"

For those of you who don't know where that quote is from, feel free to purchase the movie Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. You can thank me later. It is SO good.

And not just because Sonora Webster wears big poofy-hipped-riding-pants. And, not because this man is the other lead actor (although, it totally helps)...


But, you should watch it because it is PG, a GOOD to the CORE movie, AND based on a TRUE story (I found this article on Wikipedia and loved learning more).

So, there you go.

And, what to do about MY riding pants? Seriously? I'll still wear them, because let's face it, they are SUPER comfortable. And, if you see me out and about in public with them on? Well, all I can say is this: LUCKY YOU!

The pleasure is all mine.

11 comments:

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

That is one of my FAV movies!!! I have to go buy it right now ...

Krista said...

OMGOSH! loved this movie growing up...thanks for the reminder! :)
ps. you are hilarious!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE that movie and i can't wait to catch a glimpse of you in your very own riding pants!

Kelsi said...

I love that movie!! I haven't seen it in a LONG time so I might just have to go out and rent it right now :) And seriously, when you are pregnant being comfortable totally beats being fashionable any day!

Kristen said...

I had the biggest crush on that guy growing up. And I loved that movie so much growing up that my pretend name when we would play house was Sonora Webster. lol It's kinda sad what has happened to that actress though now. Something about both Melissa's being pregnant together again...I love it.

emily snyder said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca Woolston said...

I can't believe it is really true. I read the wikipedia page but it said sonora was disappointed with the movie, that's too bad. Sorry you missed Melissa Chalk's harvest fest today. It was really great. Hopefully she will post pictures.

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

How funny is it that I thought that was some obscure movie no ever heard of yet we aparently all saw it and LOVED it. So great, and btw I do not miss the "ugly no matter what" maternity clothes.

a pair of pettijohns said...

wild hearts was a family staple at the ownby house! MAN it's a good one. it always made me want to go to the clip and curl :)

and fyi, i sometimes worked with you and i NEVER saw said riding pants. i'm kinda sad that i missed it! but i know that you were darling no matter what. so ride on, dear one!!

remember when i went awol and never e-mailed you back? i am going to fix that tomorrow when i have my fall spirit turned back on and my duckies in a row! ttfn!

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

that was one of my favorite movies growing up. i wanted to be sonora and marry that guy. (i think he was the guy in sixteen candles, wasn't he?) oh, and i actually wore pants like that in the 5th grade.

Whitney said...

I want to see your pants! Pretty Please? The visual you have created is just too good! Keep riding Sinora!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...