Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?"

Ok, ok. We all know that show, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?--- right? Well, let's play the game, So I Married a 5th Grader. I kid you not.

Remember when I went to pull out leftovers for dinner yesterday (I was not in the mood to create new messes and do more dishes) and I asked Aaron what he would like me to "reheat" for him. He said, "Don't worry about it. I'll grab my own stuff."?? Remember that conversation? (of course not, you weren't there, but I was).

Minutes later I hear him getting out a pot and boiling water. I asked, "Wait, what are you making now?" ---- yeah. Macaroni and Cheese with little hot-dogs. Like pictured about. This isn't my photo, I found it on Flicker. But, this is what his dinner looked like.

He loves this kind of stuff. And, so much for "reheating" dinner. And, did he wash the pot yet? Nope. Still sitting in the sink from his "delicious dinner". Thanks, Aaron. Thank you, my little 5th grader, you. :)

p.s. we are all home sick with colds right now. yes, even little Matilda. not fun at all. any good things to do for a coughing and sneezing little two month old??

10 comments:

suzie zurflu said...

that stinks and for aaron too cause he starts school tomorrow

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you are all sick. No fun at all. Especially for little Tillie who can't blow her own nose. I hate when little kids are sick because I know how crappy I feel when I am sick and I can actually do something about it on my own.

Becker said...

You probably know this and are doing this, but you cna get saline drops from any pharmacy and drop a couple into her little nosey making it easier to suck junk out with the infamous green snot sucker I'm sure she just loves. It's not much, but it's perfectly fine for her to have. Also, you probably don't need it down there, but a humidifier helped Caleb a lot. Hope you're all on the mend soon!

Katie said...

little noses (brand name)...saline nose drops work great to clear congestion and gunk!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Did I ever tell you how Marc did this all the time while I was pregnant and I thought I was going to barf. Food already made me feel a little queezy, but then this...yuck. Him and Aaron would definitely get along.

racharooo said...

Apparently we all married 5th graders then -- because this is also Norm's specialty.
I don't know why I waste so much of my time making beautiful meals, when all he really wants is some fake cheese and weiners!
Hope you guys are feeling better! At least you are sick as a team!

Brian, Laura, Felix & Ezra said...

Hey, I came across your blog from and friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend type thing, but I just have to say that I can empathize with a bunch of your posts--from how gross mac n cheese n mystery meat is (and how in the world can my husband like that??), to the *joy* of diaper adventures...
Happy momming!
Oh, and I LOVE the name Matilda! (I'm still trying to convince my husband it's not a witch name though...)

Mark & Bek said...

that sounds yummy right now. i love hot dogs (mark)

Anonymous said...

Yup sounds like everyone married 5th graders. If jim is asked to cook it is mac and cheese with hot dogs in it. or chex ceral. When cooper gets sick i use stuff called little nose and then the blue sucker thing from the hosp. to clear it out cause they cant blow, one time it got a bit worse and we had to get abuteral from the dr. its comes in a little tuve and there is a machine you put it in at it bows med.out for her to breath. Also thry sitting in the bathroom with the door closed and the hot shower on. that worked for us too

I have a blog not too. its :
theclarks2006.blogspot.com

Best wishes hope ya all get well soon

kylee (terry) clark

Anonymous said...

wow sorry for the last post and spelling cooper was trying to help and from the looks of things a little to much.!!!
kylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...