Saturday, June 25, 2011

more than you ever will care to know about our new house...

So, I've had a few people ask to see more pictures of the house---especially our family.  Our favorite past time these days is driving over to see the house and see all the things those awesome workers have accomplished during the day.  Aaron and I keep commenting how about how productive they are!  Maybe I should take a cue from them.  Maybe.
Anyway, here's a shot taken only a few short weeks ago.  

The builder said that we could decide how we wanted to have the shelves arranged in the closets and wanted us to make our last decisions as to where to put outlets, light switches.  Awesome.  But, of course, I was stressed thinking, "Like we know where to put light switches?!  And, how are we supposed to know how to arrange the closet shelving??!"  I kept telling my mom that she needed to be here to figure it out for us.  I mean, she is, after all, a professional organizer. It's one of her best talents.  

After much convincing her that she didn't need to attend ALL of my little sister's dance performances during the week---that it would be okay for her to miss the last one and rescue her stressed daughter in Texas---she obliged.  And, it made me so happy.  It was a SUPER quick trip.  She arrived late Wednesday night and left Saturday afternoon, but it was just enough time to help me de-compress, play with the kids, and help us map out how to utilize those closets best! 

This was her reaction when she saw our house for the first time...  If you need someone to OOoh and Aahhh about something, call my mom.  She gives the BEST reactions!!  


Here are the kids in our family room running on a big pile of sheetrock.  Super safe.  Yes, there were nails ALL over the ground.  And, I think I saw a few razor blades.  Nice.

Fast forward to a few days later---the sheet rock is UP!  And, it made SUCH a big difference!  It felt so much more real.  This is the upstairs bonus room.  I love how much light we have in there.  And, even more, I love that the workers like to leave their left overs from lunch.  Cal tried to eat some of those pork rinds left behind.  Gag me.  
thank you, vana.
Thank you, Mr. Incredible.  Here Aaron is standing in the upstairs bathroom.  He's where the sink will be.  Lovely. The closet is right there to the left.
hanging out in a bedroom with a great wide closet.
Next came the BRICK!!!  It's a gray/brown brick and we love it more than we anticipated.  That's always such a nice surprise---to like something MORE than you thought you would.  Also, I'm loving the white trim.  We originally were thinking of doing a dark brown trim and garage, but in the end opted for a classic and clean white.  I'm so happy with it.  All those days of agonizing over soffits and fascias paid off.  Fun fact: eventually, the little vent above the big front arched window will be painted white to match.  




The kids are such good sports.  Sometimes Tillie whines about having to go to the new house, b/c when they are at said house, their mom is such a worry wort (you would be too if there were razor blades and nails all over---oh, and a huge 10 foot drop off in the back!).  
We go and check in on the house probably at least 5 times a week.  It's definitely our (mine and Aaron's) favorite activity.  It's great that Aaron loves going to see it as much as I do (well... probably he likes it even more).  





front entry way + living room
same room, different angle + cute family.
p.s. Cal is IN LOVE with his new Lightning McQueen sunglasses.  He'll leave them on forever.  It's amazing.

Aaron's waving good bye.  'Till the next time...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Melissa, I am in love!!! Completely in love! It looks fabulous and I couldn't be more happy for you.

Kelsi said...

I LOVE it! Holy cow! They are cruising on the construction! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Steffani Dastrup said...

Your new house is GORGEOUS!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see it all finished!

erin said...

Beautiful!! I LOVE it, and can't wait to see it all finished and Melissa-ized! It's going to be so great. How fun that your mom came to help with the planning too!

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

AMAZING! LOVE IT! Hope you are expecting visitors!

Sarah C. said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! I am so excited for you guys to live in this gorgeous home! I might need to find an excuse to come down there and see it in person some time!

Tiff and Chris said...

Love the new house! It's all happening so fast...we will miss y'all! At least we have our early morning workouts for now :)

Kristen said...

Look at you with your cute kids strapped into your mini van, driving away from your new 3 car garage house. Don't you just have the life! Love it. I love new houses.

Nikki and Tipper said...

Love the house!! And I'm more then ok with watching Cal in a couple weeks!! It'll be fun!

The Kindle Family said...

LOVE IT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...