Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father's day.

I won't make this too long or mushy---Aaron wouldn't be a fan.  But, know that I COULD write a novel about this one.
Let's just sum it up: He is good... good to the core.
I am so lucky.  And, I am happier than I ever thought was possible.
Thank you for marrying me.  Thank you for our kids.  Thank you for this life.



(above shots all taken by the lovely Krista Adams last October.  I'm not sure if I ever posted these, but there are some real gems. And, from the looks of the ones I posted, Aaron likes to throw around our kids... even though it makes his wife crazy.  Thank you, Krista-face!)

 
And, hello... where would I be with out this guy?  My dad is the bomb.  I remember one time a kid at school thought my dad was pretty serious, and I was like, "Are you kidding me?!"  
Just look at that face!  
 One of my favorite memories growing up was sitting at the kitchen table with my family eating dinner, and we kids would talk about the day.  I remember if anyone ever told a story about how someone wronged them, my dad would ask, "Well did you punch their lights out?" or some equally funny come-back. 
Ahhh... I appreciate his humor more and more with every passing year.  Thanks, dad.

And how lucky was I to marry into Aaron's family and get Scott for a Father-in-Law?  What a great great man.  He's been so kind to me from DAY 1---even when I kept messing with his son's heart  during those early dating years.  Wow, now that was really nice!  Thanks, Scott.
and, hello, don't you love Calvin's face here?!  hAA!

 And, I know, I've posted this picture a ton, but I just love it so much. 
another great Calvin moment. what kind of mom squeezes a tiny hat on his head, exposing his ears, and shoves his knitted pants into white cowboy boots?  sorry, baby cakes. 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I am lucky.  Happy Father's Day to all y'all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful picturs of a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

What darling family pics! So SO cute!

Kelsi said...

Those family pics are gorgeous! I love the lighting and the green background! What a cute post!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I LOVE these pictures! They are so awesome! Happy Fathers Day to Aaron. PS give use updates on the house...I am so curious how it is all coming along.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!! Sis. Wood, you are such an amazing person. :) I know that your kids are very lucky to have you and your husband as their parents. :)

The Evans Family said...

I love the family pictures! So Cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...