Tuesday, November 9, 2010

sometimes it's hard...

Yes, sometimes it IS hard... especially when you are such a good dancer AND a good song memorize-r. 

I'll tell you what, the last 7 songs played on Pandora's "Mickey Mouse Club House" station---I owned them.  I'm talking EVERY lyric I nailed.  Sometimes I don't think the 2 and 1/2 year old and 10 month old fully appreciate my skillz (yes, I used a "z".  that's what all the hip people are doing these days. obviously.).


And, recently I've been doing ZUMBA next to my dining room table.  We turn on YouTube and go crazy.  And, I'll tell you what?  If you think I'm rusty in the dance department?  THINK AGAIN.  

Honestly, I think Zumba and I were M.F.E.O. (for those of you who haven't seen "Sleepless in Seattle"---shame on you.  That little acronym means "made for each other").  I think my best friends can attest... I was doing some of these moves LOOONG before Zumba made it's way into the hearts of the general public.  Am I right, or am I right?  Sigh.  What do you do?

Anyway, sometimes I think it's too bad.  And, if I lived in Utah County, I'd go workout with one of Becca's BFF's sister, Allison.  Look at how exciting she makes the workout?  Click here to see her and her class in action (is she darling or what?). 

I know, I know.  I dogged gyms a few days ago... but since then, I've been educated by gym lovers everywhere.  Apparently the group classes are where it's at?  Maybe I'll give it a go.  And, I mean, if nothing else, people other than my family will be able to watch me in action.  Win win. 

Until then, I'll be here. Performing 8+ times a day, Monday through Sunday.

I'm Melissa Wood, and I'm a really good dancer and song memorize-r.  Thank you for your support.

5 comments:

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

Have I ever told you that you are one of my favorite people? Seriously. And not just for your mad singing and dance skillz.

Youe seriously kill me!

Kristen said...

That's really why you are in Primary, I know it. haha SA has one of the best gym goer groups out there. Take advantage. You get to socialize AND work out at the same time. You might like it!

erin said...

Thats awesome! zumba takes some serious skillz. The gym here has zumba classes.. You should totally check out the ones around you!

emily snyder said...

where did we find you!?!? love that you are even considering a gym class . . . love love it. tried to imagine you doing the zumba in your kitchen with tillie and calvin just watching in awe and utter disbelief!

i wonder if you could do zumba to disney songs??

i'll call tonight. sorry i missed you last night

annie and jared said...

haha melissa you are great.. and that quilt is amazing. so very very talented. want to make me one?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...