Tuesday, February 14, 2012

valentine's decor and a few more shots of family room.

I never have really decorated much for the different holidays in life... and honestly, until late fall, I don't see myself really switching things up again.  But, I felt festive this past January.  Tillie and I set out to create a little Valentine's Day fun.  I wanted us to create was little heart ornaments for our rescued tinsel tree (remember how they were throwing this out when I worked at the Mipp?).   

Well, we did it.  We went through my red and pink fabrics, chose our favorites, and started cutting out hearts.  
Tillie was pretty creative when she pulled out this one and said, "Hey! I'm Minnie Mouse!!"  Clever, that one.
Tillie was a great worker bee and even helped me stuff them with stuffing.  Calvin?  He was completely uninterested.  That's okay.
As I'm looking at the pics of the fireplace, I think they are a little blurry.  Whoops.  You get the drift, though.
My mom made this for us for our first Valentine's Day away from Utah.  She's so good like that. 

And, below, here is the our newly decorated tree...

While I had the camera out, I thought I'd take a few more shots of the rest of the family room.  I don't think I've ever posted real pictures of our newly covered sofa in the corner.  It's amazing what more seating will do!  And, we added more frames to the wall, so it's not so puny looking (I try using the word "puny" whenever possible).  Eventually, we'll fill in those big ones with photos from our most recent shoot with the fabulous Jen Wildey. 
 new print I made a few months ago and finally printed.  I'm going to put it in my etsy shop when I figure out how to ship this larger size (11x14).  It's a paraphrased quote by the artist Freya, and I love it.

Another print I did a while back but finally printed it.  It's inspired by the beautiful talk by Dallin H. Oaks.  If you haven't read or listened to it, go here.  You'll be glad you did. 

I had a collaged tree in this frame from Tillie's old room, but wanted to put her picture in it, so I just taped it to the top.  I think the fabric mat in the background is a fun idea and I'm thinking I'll do it to some of the other frames I have. 

So, there you have it.  The family room in an "almost" finished state for Valentine's Day.
Hope it's a fun day for you and yours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...