Saturday, January 14, 2012

let's get it started... Calvin is TWO!

I've been meaning to post for a while now, but when I think about all the catching up there is to do... whether I should start in chronological order... etc. etc. etc.  I would get overwhelmed.  So, I'd bag it and say, "I think I'll sleep instead."  True story.  Sleeping is a talent of mine.  I think I've talked about this before.

I also blame my lack of posting to the semi-recent acquisition of a certain piece of technology: the iPad.  Because of that invention, I can now surf the web from the comfort of the couch, or my bed, or the floor, or anywhere else for that matter---instead of the office chair on the far side of the house.  So, alas, I'm not in front of our big computer all that much anymore (comparatively speaking).  All these reasons, plus more (oh, there is lots more) have held me back.  But, I decided to take the Black Eyed Peas' approach (hence the title of this post), "Let's get it started!"

I've opted to just start RIGHT here and RIGHT now.  The most recent fun event was Calvin's 2nd Birthday!  Yes, that's right.  He is finally two years old.  It seems like he's been two for a while (because of his large stature), but finally, it's official.
Calvin still LOVES the movie Iron Giant (we highly recommend it).  Loves his new Batman sweatshirt.  Loves his Mickey Mouse t-shirt we made for Tillie back in the day.  Loves his dad and won't settle for anyone else when he's around (his mom doesn't love that ALL of the time).  Loves LOVES playing with his Mr. Potato Head toys.  Loves having his shoes on.  Loves anything Lightning McQueen or Woody.  Loves playing on the iPad (we hide it when we're not using it, b/c he'd play on it all day if we'd let him).  Loves anything with CHEESE (his father's son).  Still loves eating "ru-nahk" (fruit snacks in his jargon).  Loves to peel clementines by himself.  Loves watching shows.  Loves playing with Tillie (for the most part).  Still loves his little dog lovey thing... sucks on a corner of it every night (his mom thinks it's cute and disgusting all at the same time).

And for the most appreciated one... Calvin LOVES to TALK!!  This is a new skill of his that just started happening about a week or so before Christmas.  Really, a Christmas miracle if you ask me!  He had so many big emotions and no way to communicate them other than crying, so now that he is talking---it's A WHOLE NEW WORLD (thank you, princess Jasmine (and special thanks to my friend, Sarah who corrected me after I originally wrote 'Ariel'! Ha! You'd think I'd know my princesses by now...)).  Seriously, life is 10.7 billion times better now that he is talking.  Blessed day.

Those are just a few of the things I could think of that he loves.  We just switched him over to a big boy bed and he's almost convinced it's better than his crib.  He alternates between the crib and his bed... which is fine by me.  It does, however, make it a little crowded in him room, but all's well.

Okay, enough chit chat.  Let's get to the pictures!
Aunt Stephanie (Aaron's sister) flew into town to help watch our kids while I was whisked away on a Caribbean adventure with my sister, Emily.  (Obviously, more to come on that!)  Anyway, I came home on Cal's birthday and sweet Stephanie had made an angel food cake dessert for the birthday boy!  Too fun!
Here he is blowing out the candles with Tillie's and Dad's assistance:
The big boy on the night of his real true birthday in his beloved Batman sweatshirt.  He was pretty happy it was his special day and kept singing over and over, "Happy Birthday to Cal, Happy Birthday to Calvin, Happy Birthday to you!"

Then, two days later, I got around to taking some pictures... and boy, did we take some pictures.  You know how I love to do photo overloads, so you shouldn't be too surprised.  There are just so many sides to this boy, so maybe you can catch a glimpse of a few of them...


Love that profile. 
Wasn't quite sure what I wanted him to do... 
CLASSIC CALVIN POUT.  I am so pleased that I captured it.  
I told him if he'd hang out for a minute and let me take some pictures then he could have a pack of fruit snacks.  He was overjoyed so he started jumping:
another CLASSIC CALVIN.  this is his, "uhhh..." face.  Becca said he looks like my brother, Jesse, here.  hA!
A side note about these shoes of his: We love them.  Bought them at Target for $12 and have gone back and bought more in a few sizes.  They are the perfect play/church shoes.  There you have it. 
Pretty happy boy.  Pretty happy he's ours.  
Happy 2nd Birthday, Bubba.
We love you SO much!
 ... and, he's off!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a cute boy! Time sure flies. And, of course, I love the hair.
And just FYI - "Whole New World" is from Jasmine, not Ariel. She told me she sometimes gets her feelings hurt when people get their songs mixed up.

BETH said...

Happy birthday Calvin. Love all the pictures.

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

Happy two year old Calvin!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...