Sunday, August 3, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


All of my favorite things in one picture! Matilda, Melissa, and the "Journey to Atlantis" ride. Ok, ok, not the JTA, but melissa and matlida are my favorite things in this whole world.

I can't ever describe how great it is to have melissa in my life. I spend too much time at school, too much time in the yard, or maybe too much time reading, but melis is always in love with me no matter what.

That's the great thing about being married to her, she's always unconditionally in love with me. And that's why she makes me the luckiest husband in the world.

I love that i can talk to her about anything. I love that i get to be with her always and forever. I love that being around her makes the whole world a better place. From day 1 that's been what attracted me to melissa. Everyone is happy around her, she doesn't even try, but whenvever you hang around with melissa she'll put a smile on your face and a warm fuzzy in your heart.

Fact is, the whole reason the two of us got together was melissa's glow that she emits. We were both at a mutual friend (thank you spencer/natalie johnson (monson))'s "white trash" theme party. I don't really like "parties" or "themes", so i was hanging off to the corner and there was melis, helping good ol' glenn stucki with some math homework. And I thought to myself, now there's a good lookin' girl that is helping someone out and she's glowing. So I talked to her and next thing I know it's 2008 and we have a baby! -ps, she's the one that asked me out on the first date.

Anyway, I love ya hun. I still can't believe you chose me and I get to be with you. I love that I get to come home to you. I love that you make our house my favorite place to be. I love that your mine, and i'm yours, and matilda's ours. And i love that you are willing to try out so many new foods and go to china with me and you let me watch the jazz games even when i probably shouldn't.

ok, anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

at long horn cafe ( you can see the delicious cupcakes melissa made in this one)


I told matilda it was mom's birthday tomorrow and this was her reaction



we were going to longhorn cafe with chocolate cake and muffins and we invited some peeps to join in on the party. it was a good one!

16 comments:

Sarah C. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you in 59 minutes! Well.. Utah time at least. Hope you have a FANTASTIC day and a great start being the big TWO-FOUR!
Love yer guts!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELIS!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!

emily snyder said...

aaron, to get to find a man like you and to have a marriage and friendship like yours would truly make me the happiest, luckiest person in the world. how blessed i personally feel to have you in my life and my eternal family. you are needed so much. thank you for loving miss the way and probably better than all of us could. you are wonderful.

reality, she is all that you say and think and know she is. you hit it right on the head when you said that she makes everyone happy.i love you. i love that you love her.

miss, i am thrilled to have a day where we get to celebrate your birth into the world. it is a better place because of you.

happy happy 24th!!

Becker said...

What a fitting tribute! :) Melissa, I know I probably weirded you out a time or two as your roommate, but I'll never forget you and how your good nature and cheerfulness could overcome bad tests, sad days or rough memories. You're a gold star! :)

Kajsa said...

happy birthday melissa!

Lyssa Beth said...

Happy Birthday again! That was a fun time so thanks for inviting us! Melissa is a special lady. I love her to pieces and it's true, she does have this radiance about that makes you feel so good about yourself.!

Kristen said...

You make me soo happy when I am around you too! Happy Birthday!

annie and jared said...

how cute, seriously so nice!! melissa is just such a happy person, you guys are so cute. i love love love that picture of matilda, DARLING!

BETH said...

Happy birthday Melissa
you rock

and good job Aaron you win the best birthday post by a husband award

and little Tillie- is so dang cute and such a lucky gal to have such a great mommy

erin said...

Hope you've had a happy birthday, Melissa!

suzie zurflu said...

o that is so cute and love that pic of tillie!!!! and drum roll please.......... i am coming to the big state today!!!!!! happy birthday miss love you!!!

love (the best aunt ever) aunt lizzy

p.s. i am super excied. (spl?)

racharooo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It's true, you are the best! In your own words, ur thebomb.com.
Welcome to the BIG 24...24 seems a lot older than 23 for some reason to me. Let me know if you feel any different or it's just me!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...so sweet! It practically made me cry! You two are so special together!! I can't wait until we can share our life with our little one! Call me when you have a chance! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!!! Miss seein ya!

kimmy girl said...

best. girl. ever.

happy birthday girl face.

emilyhutchison said...

Oh thanks a lot Aaron, you just made me cry my eyes out, for a couple reasons 1. You are so sweet about your great wife and 2. Everything you said about her is true. I just love you two.

Jordan and Jandee said...

loved this Aaron what a nice husband!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...