Thursday, February 7, 2008

So glad I'm here.

has it really been THAT long? (sigh.)  Yes, it has.  Excuse? Hmmm... Busy life? nope.   Lack of things to "blog" about? (like that has EVER been an issue). 

Why did I decide to post today? It just feels like it's time. 
Lucky you.

So, what's the happs? (I can hear you asking me that right now). Well, I don't know if you know this, but I started working for my dad's company. Boy, it is a sweet deal. I got a RAD computer (love life), get to do it at home (in the comfort of my pajamas), and it is just a really great thing in my life. The plan is to become a pro right now and then when the baby comes, Ill stop completely at the store and do this (and melimba)... oh, and raise a baby. 

So, this is me, on the new computer.  Bloggin' away.  I could get used to this for a while.  

Aaron is at school.  I just finished bringing Sweet Baby Wood's stuff into her room (for she truly is a sweet gal).  oh! Didn't you know?  I just went up to Utah for a week.  It just so happened that my darling friends threw a BEAUTIFUL BABY SHOWER for me!  It was so great!  And then some other darling friends had a get together in honor of Groundhog's Day/Baby Shower/Birthday Bashes/Sewing Goodness.  That was so great too! 

SO MuCh LoVe!!!  Can you feel it?  I can.  Totally feelin' it.  A Billion Thanks to all involved.  

I don't have pictures here to post, those will come soon.  (If we can all twist Becca or Lizzy's arm to email them to me).  Get excited, because I am.

So, the only picture I will post for the time being is this one.  

Most of you, being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, recognize this man.  But, some of you, my other gal pals, may not.  This is President Hinckley, the former prophet of our church.  He recently passed away.  Since I was in Utah and my sister has "special" privileges, we were able to attend the funeral service at the huge Conference Center in Salt Lake City.  

I have had many emotions this past week.  It is an ending of an era in the church and this man did so much good, not only for the church, but for the world.  I'm not going to say a lot, other than I loved this man.  He was a living and breathing example of what I picture Jesus Christ to be.  His attitude, his humor, his character and just the life he lived.  

I am so grateful for the chance I had to attend his funeral and hear the beautiful music and pay tribute to such a wonderful man.  It was a memory I hope to never forget.  You know when you leave somewhere having such a resolve to be better?  That is what happened.  Love that.  I love having those reminders.  

My little sister was talking about President Hinckley and she said what she appreciated most about him, was that he was constantly reminding us of our Heavenly Father's love for us.  Of all the good things he could tell us, he always was reminding us how much we are loved.  How great is that?  

Well, I don't know how to really end this post.  :)  Just know how glad I am to be here.  I'm so glad I'm here.  Glad you are my friends.  Glad for lots of things.

7 comments:

azufelt said...

That was a loaded post... so much to say! I didn't even know you were gone, but that explains not seeing you at church, duh! I thinkyou got a sweet hook-up on that job w. you dad... super cool, love working in PJs!! And of course who doesn't love adorable baby stuff? Speaking of, thank you so much for the super cute outfit, and also the super cute cereal box...!!

Unknown said...

Hey Melissa. This is Erin (Pack). I ran across your cute blog on Sarah's site. Congrats on the little one. When are you due? Sounds like all is going well your way. Just wanted to say hi and congrats!!

Tim and Melissa said...

What a great post. I'm super excited for baby girl Wood and to see all the fun things you got at your shower!

Also, very well said about President Hinckley. What an amazing experience that must have been to attend his funeral.

emily snyder said...

did you know how much i love and adore you? did you know how glad i am that you are stuck with me for eternity? did you know how beautifully composed your words about President Hinckley were? did you know that little baby wood is the luckiest baby in the world? did you know that i miss you a lot, a lot?

emily snyder said...

ps, there are shower pictures - baby shower that is - on my site if you want to steal a few...i'll be at home tomorrow and i can send the rest to you..

Kristen said...

Can't wait for your shower!

Lindsey Walker said...

hey guys! How is dental school and liveing in Texas? We are reallt thinking about going there too. It was good to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...